Friday, June 15, 2007

not much new

It's been a while since I wrote, but honestly I haven't had much bike-related activity to write about. I've been pretty much just tying up loose ends in the shop, finished up a few repairs and repaints that had been waiting for a long time.

I've been busy on ebay too, selling off spare parts from past bike builds. You never realize how much that stuff builds up until you gather it all together to sell it! So far I've unloaded about $800 in surplus parts and cleaned out a nice chuck of shop space! Still have a couple complete bike I hope to move out in the coming months too which will really free up some space.

I was rushing a little bit this week to get a Route 29 bike together for the Hub Co-op. They're going to be carrying them as well, and they wanted one to show at the Bike in at the Bell this weekend.
For those that don't know, the Bell Museum (at the U of M) is hosting their second annual Bike-in this weekend. There's music, bikes, vendors, and a movie. You should check it out.
I won't be there for this year, I've got a wedding to attend instead, but the Hub will have a route 29 all built up and ready to go.

In unrelated news, the Large Fella is rockin' it Twin Cities style now. Beth and I helped them move in a couple weeks ago and have been providing some local guidance. Seems like they're settling in pretty well and meeting people fast, so if you see two folks riding around on BBC's with a burly piccolo in tow say hi to them and welcome them to the 'hood.

That's about all the news for now. I'll have some pics of the frame I just started next time...

bbbb

No comments: